Business (Commercial) Insurance
Property and Casualty
Local, experienced professionals combined with the clout and strength of being the 6th largest insurance broker in the United States are the foundations for our success. Providing efficient management of risk and its related costs are the hallmarks by which the Jamestown Office is able to meet the business insurance needs of companies ranging from small retail establishments to multinational corporations. Developing contemporary, innovative and cost effective solutions in a timely manner creates an environment in which strong, long term working relationships with our clients is the norm.
The Jamestown office is a recognized leader with demonstrated expertise in the non-profit, construction, commercial & residential real-estate, governmental/public entity, manufacturing, institutional and transportation sectors.
Our local presence combined with national strength offers a unique and powerful combination of resources. In addition, superior customer service protocols and standards assures that our clients receive attention and cooperation on a personal level.
In addition to the most common lines of coverage (Property, General Liability, Workers Compensation, Business Auto, Bonds, Umbrella, Inland Marine), we also offer the following coverages which are many times overlooked:
- Directors &
- Officers Liability
- Provides financial protection for the directors and officers of your company in the event they are sued in conjunction with the performance of their duties as they relate to the company, High frequency claimants are shareholders, competitors, and employees.
- Can usually include Employment Practices Liability and sometimes Fiduciary Liability. The former involves harassment and discrimination suits, and is where the majority of your exposure will be. The latter provides identification for alleged acts, errors and omit ions related to the employee benefits plan.
- Often confused with Errors & Omissions Liability. The two are not synonymous; Errors & Omissions is concerned with performance failures and negligence with respect to your products and services, not the performance and duties of management.
- Employment Practices
- Liability Insurance
- (EPLI) provides protection for an employer against claims made by employees, former employees, or potential employees. It covers discrimination (age, sex, race, disability, etc.), wrongful termination of employment, sexual harassment, and other employment-related allegations. It covers your firm, including its Directors and Officers.
- Cyber Liability
- It addressed the first and third party risks associated with e-business, the internet, networks and informational assets. Cyber Liability Insurance coverage offers cutting edge protection for exposures arising out of internet communications.
- The concept of Cyber Liability takes into account first (damages to you) and third party (damage to others) risk. The risk category includes privacy issues, the infringement of intellectual property, virus transmission, and a multitude of other conduct that results in economic damage to third parties.
- Professional Liability
- (E&O Insurance) protects your company from claims if your client holds you responsible for errors, or the failure of your work to perform up to the applicable standard of care.
- Coverage includes legal defense cost — no matter how baseless the allegations. Professional Liability Insurance will pay for any resulting judgments against you, including court costs, up to the coverage limits on your policy and subject to the self insured retention on the policy.
- Professional Liability Insurance coverage extends to cover the acts, errors, and omissions of both W2 employees and 1099 subcontractors, and can be worldwide in scope.